Author Topic: Newbies introduce yourself!  (Read 182986 times)

Offline Fi

• I'm A Laydee
Re: Newbies introduce yourself!
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2008, 11:26:32 PM »
 :welcome to all Newbies

Offline Twodogs

« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2008, 10:23:38 PM »
Hi everybody, not been on the forum for quite a while now, used to be Moonraker Mick on the  last one. How is everyone keeping? I hope all the bugs & bus's are still all up & running and in fine fettle. We've still got the 72 Devon and is still running well but does need a bit of work on the front nearside wheel arch, I think it will be a new arch & respray, after the summer   ::) ::) I think.

Cheers   Mick
Flat cap wearing whippet racing pigeon fancying dubbers of the north.

www.hdvwclub.co.uk

Offline Greg

« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2008, 10:42:13 PM »
This place is confusing the hell outta me with everyone changing their usernames!!  Welcome in one-and-all!

Greg

Offline Yellow Dubmachine

« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2008, 11:08:52 PM »
Hi everyone Alan here
Some of you already know me
I drove the yellow T25 on the Eireball 2008
but it broke down        :sad
I got it going again and rejoined in Fahan      :winner
Had a great time see you all again soon

Offline ex-2cv-er

• Administrator
  • Resident Beetle Stalker!
    • The Eireball Run
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2008, 07:11:59 PM »
Hey Alan :welcome

I think you well and truly earned Hero Status on the Eireball run, after going from Sligo to Armagh, down to Arklow with a trailer, back to Armagh with bus on a trailer, fix bus, and rejoin us in Donegal just over 24 hours later....now that's dedication!  :winner

Great to see you back too Mick! :clap
Was only thinking the other day that I hadn't seen you posting on here for a while  :)

Hi to all the other newbies...Haggis, Caroline, Damian...

...@ Caroline (saoirse4u) we have a secret 'Laydees' section on here, where we can discuss very important stuff ( :D ) without all those fellas interfering  >:D ...hang on, I'll just go and let you in :ninja
Caroline - North Tipp

This summer I am mostly being a...Crusty Festival Trader :)
Incense etc - Are Ewe Curious?

Offline bph

« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2008, 08:03:11 PM »
bryan here, new to the forum. just purchased a '71 westfalia- helsinki model. body is sound, no rot. this is going to be my winter project, so I expect i'll be using the forum quite a bit!
we're heading to VW action, Santa Pod at the end of this month for 2/3 days. Any requests, let me know if I can be of service.

Offline ex-2cv-er

• Administrator
    • The Eireball Run
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2008, 08:08:29 PM »
 :welcome Bryan

Have fun at Action...I really must get to that show one year :clap
Caroline - North Tipp

Offline tony

• Global Moderator
  • "We are Bus people aren't we Daddy"
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2008, 08:38:28 PM »
Welcome to all the new folks. Welcome back Mick.
Nice to see you found the online us Alan. We are almost as frendly online as we are in person. I'm off to email you the links I promised.
78 Westy
64 panel (project)
64 panel replica kart

http://vwposty.blogspot.ie/

Green Puffin

« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2008, 02:15:46 PM »
Hi All,

A real newbie here, waiting for delivery of my '72 Bay Window Tintop next week :).

I'll post a few pics as soon as he arrives.

Nick

Offline ex-2cv-er

• Administrator
    • The Eireball Run
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2008, 02:54:21 PM »
Nice one Nick :welcome

I'll bet you're really excited! :maids :jumpy :maids

Can't wait to see your pics :clap
Caroline - North Tipp

The Green Puffin

« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2008, 09:04:56 PM »
Hi,

I managed to screw up my initial registration, so had to re-register!

Yup, I can't wait till next week,

Nick

Offline ex-2cv-er

• Administrator
    • The Eireball Run
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2008, 11:57:17 AM »
Hi,

I managed to screw up my initial registration, so had to re-register!

Sorry to hear that Nick, is there anything I can do to help, reset your password or something...or are you happy to continue with your 2nd account?

Yup, I can't wait till next week,

I can imagine :maids :jumpy :maids
Caroline - North Tipp

The Green Puffin

« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2008, 02:46:25 PM »
Insurance all sorted, looks like I'll be picking the BW up on Tuesday. It reminds me of when I was a kid, counting the number of sleeps I have to have until a certain date! ::)

I used to have a 2CV myself. What a great car.

Nick

Offline Turlough

« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2008, 11:34:19 PM »
ANYWAY - back to the van. I got fibreglass bumpers from Poland on e-bay for it ( I have to point out that I'm not trying to turn this into some sort of plastic iceberg subaru clone van... as I think the bumper change probably gives that impression. This is  (I hope) going to be a very cool understated BLACK VWT4 - black, black black - they're one piece and it looks like I'm going to have to do a bit of frankensteining with the front bumper to get it to fit properly. The U.S van I have is the 2.8 V6 (VR6) narrow angle and has the "long nose" of the t4. This is the one with the slightly more angled headlights and all the creature comforts in side.
 The bumpers I got for the 94 van would fit this "long nose" bang on, but the 94 is the flatter nosed version - more like the commercial van. I don't want to "pimp" the van, but rather go for a subtle look, so I'm having it painted with the same two pack metallic (very subtle) charcoal black Porsche paint that was used on the 944. This is partly because there's some left over and also because it's a nice colour and the metallic with glosscoat will last a long, long time. I don't want to bore you all to tears with the van so I'll just post some "progress" pics over the next few days.

As a byline, I do a sideline in renting commercial units locally and as a result I've let out several commercial units to guys in the motor trade, paint, auto electrical business, meaning I can legitemately mix business and pleasure!. I've a really good guy in the Rathcoole area who has done a lot of work for me on my own bits and pieces and he does a lot of work on VW's/ Audi's and all the other german cars at very keen prices. If anybody wants more information please send me a message and I'll pass on his number and you can take it from there. I'm looking for a set of wheels to set off the T4. I'm thinking a set of polished FUCH's or FUCH's with black centres if I drop the van a bit I think it'll set it off, or a set of Audi A6 5 flat spoke as these would be a bolt straight on job and could be picked up for around 350 ish mark. I'm thinking paint the flat bar spokes or have them poly coated in matt black entirely, or just the spokes and leave the rims polished alloy?? too many choices.... Anyone with other idea's for the wheels/ rubber let me know as I want to do something a little bit different with this. Thanks for listening to my motoring madness. Gotta check your site. Out for now. Haggis.

Hi Haggis you have a PM ref wheels for T4

Quick intro from me........Im one of those T4 / T5 freaks bboooo hiissssss but have always been into my aircooled having owned number 66 bugs, 57 oval ,bay panel, bay camper but went to the "Darkside"  few years ago with T4 but in may changed to T5 Caravelle 174BHP and have just started to mod it  ;D

you'll find me on NBOC or vwt4forum

Well Done all who did the Eireball Run !

Cheers

Turlough
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 11:44:51 PM by Neutech »

Offline trev

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2008, 11:52:57 PM »
welcome Turlough! sure you might go back to an aircooler in a few years ;)