Author Topic: Volkswagen tales  (Read 16786 times)

Offline brian raftery

Re: Volkswagen tales
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2010, 04:19:51 PM »
 :clap :clap more :)
Brian

Offline ex-2cv-er

• Administrator
  • Resident Beetle Stalker!
    • The Eireball Run
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2010, 06:15:27 PM »
Caroline - North Tipp

This summer I am mostly being a...Crusty Festival Trader :)
Incense etc - Are Ewe Curious?

Offline Darren

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2010, 09:34:19 PM »
Well done buddy and well told. ;D
VWs The Delicate Sound Of Thunder.

Offline postvan-man

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2012, 10:44:18 PM »
in my next life i choose cars that drive

Offline ex-2cv-er

• Administrator
    • The Eireball Run
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2012, 10:57:51 PM »
Oh Andre that did make me laugh! :rofl

I did someting a little similar with ex-boyfriend's jeep, involving his rear window and a few metal sheep hurdles :blush

I strongly feel that Gus deserves a post on this thread.

The day we went to view him for purchase was a Gus-adventure in its own right!

One day, I'll sit down and put something together, in his memory.
Caroline - North Tipp

Offline postvan-man

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2012, 12:46:31 AM »
ha ha,,,,ya those windows are just asking to be broken on utility vehicles....mine even has some kind of prison bars but that didnt help...

no visibility is worse tho....

comes a tale to mind from my first ever holiday with marx(this is my van by the way).

we stood on a camp site in france having our vans arranged in a semi circle, until some day the circle got bigger and we all needed to move about a bit.
It all turned out to be a bit of a nerve wrecking issue as we stood there for quite a long time, and me not having a leisure battery as it an old post-van, i did succesfully run my battery down. france unfortunately hs a lot of sandy campsites on one of which we landed. Therefore i wasnt the most poular person as giving me a jumpstart turned out to be a bigger issue than usual. of course the person doing so got stuck and had to get unstuck.

after all  that was sorted i was ready to move...
France in july being France in july was connected to a lot of sun and hot weather, me being the german that i am tried to keep at least the sun out with the of one of those tin foily type window covers over the rear window...
as it was a bit shitty it took me a lot of gaffa to put it into position and i didnt want to remove it just for moving the vehicle..
so another friend stood behind the van to direct me.
i started reversing and got asked whether i could see the tree behind me???
me checking the mirror and clearly seeing a tree of the diameter of a normal sized leg answering this question with a loud yes.
after getting asked the question the second time i replied with another yes just a little louder....

now getting asked the same question for the 3rd i should have probably guessed something is wrong..

i however gained some momentum trying not to get stuck, but got soon stopped by a huge tree that was right behind me in the middle where i couldnt see it.

that was the beginning of a long and happy relationship with just kampers as my favourite supplier of bumper corners...

in my next life i choose cars that drive

Offline ex-2cv-er

• Administrator
    • The Eireball Run
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2012, 12:43:17 PM »

that was the beginning of a long and happy relationship with just kampers as my favourite supplier of bumper corners...

:rofl
Caroline - North Tipp

Offline Flash!!!

• Global Moderator
  • Aircooled All The Way!!!
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2012, 08:26:51 PM »
Where's the stories gone?  :'( :o >:(

Offline Ratbus

• T2i Approved Trader
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2013, 11:27:20 PM »
 :( :(
i popped in for read but the stories have gone  :'( any way of getting them back up here

Offline ex-2cv-er

• Administrator
    • The Eireball Run
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2013, 06:57:30 PM »
Disappeared on the last database crash I suspect.

Only way of getting them back up there is if the original authors re-post them  ;)
Caroline - North Tipp

Offline thesixobriens

• Eireball
  • We are Nikki and restoring Scottie
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2014, 10:55:25 PM »
Volkswagen Tales, don't know if this is the correct place to put this, but I've figured out how to put up our Avitar, very exciting for all of us xx
Nikki and The O'Brien's

Offline thesixobriens

• Eireball
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2014, 10:58:42 PM »
By the way I have no idea how I did it, I've been trying ofr ages, but now don't know how I did it ;D
Nikki and The O'Brien's

Offline ex-2cv-er

• Administrator
    • The Eireball Run
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2014, 05:17:04 PM »
By the way I have no idea how I did it, I've been trying ofr ages, but now don't know how I did it ;D

:clap :clap :clap
Caroline - North Tipp

Offline thesixobriens

• Eireball
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2014, 10:09:56 PM »
I know Caroline, seriously I have no idea, but here we are Nikki and all, it was a fluke for me teee heeeeee heeeee  >:D
Nikki and The O'Brien's

Offline monkeyD

• Eireball
Tipsys Wedding Debut
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2016, 06:47:30 PM »
A mate asked if on his wedding day, I would use Tipsy to carry his groomsmen from his house to his local church, 7 miles away. No problem, I said. We planned to be at his house an hour before the start time. Plenty of time to get ribbons on, a few photos and still be there to deliver the groomsmen on time to do their duties as the guests arrived.

When we arrived at 10:50am, he met us on the street. There were more cars than usual around the place but we got parked around the back.  He was fully dressed, bar the bow tie hanging around his neck, ribbons in hand and in good form. We chatted for a bit and then he asked if I knew how to tie the dickie bow.  Neither Jennie or myself were familiar with tying them so he sauntered back to the house. Shortly after, a groomsman landed on the street and parked his car. He was fully dressed bar the bow tie and he went into the house.

When Jennie and I had finished putting the ribbons on the van, we went into the house to see how the lads were getting on. Inside it looked like any house would the morning of a wedding. The girls were getting the final touches and polishes from the hair and beauty engineer whilst the lads fully dressed, apart from the bow ties, popped in and out of the kitchen like meerkats.  Each one presenting the not quite perfected bow ties was sent away again by the groom. With time ticking on and no useful demo on YouTube, the pressure was building. At around 11:25am, with a few colorful exchanges from down the hall, the semi-dressed groom got his car keys. He herded all of his penguins out and into his car and said as he closed the door, “Sorry Ian, we'll meet you at the church. Will you take Mum and Dad?” And then he was gone! I didn't quite know what was going on until his sister came into the kitchen and said he was heading to the draper in town, 7 miles the wrong direction, to get all the lads topped out properly.

The mother then gets her things together and after another 5 minutes, as she's ready to walk out, her phone rings. As she answers it, she brushes her leg on the wicker turf basket by the range and snags the tights. The call was from the car shooting down the back country roads of rural Ireland to the draper to say, “Bring the rings!!”  The tights are ripped so, to stop the ladder from making a stairway to the father's happy place, one of the sisters offers to plastic weld the hole with clear nail varnish. The mother props up the leg Captain Morgan-style for the minor surgery. The father, meanwhile, is still rather calm throughout bar the odd remark questioning if the son is really one of his with a chuckle.

With the ladder limited, all hands then pile out. The house is locked and everyone gets into the cars scattered around the house. The mother and father get into Tipsy and as we get to the end of the lane the mother shouts, “Stop!” Now I still don't know how she manged to see it but, one of the sisters is on the front street. She's frantic & flagging us to stop. Her car is completely blocked in by a groomsman's abandoned car. Finally, we hear the father swear and it's beautiful. He jumps out and with many a few other choice words says to us to take the mother on. He'll take the sister in his car, which isn't blocked in. As we drive away, Tipsy is picking up speed nicely when the mother gets another call this time from the father to say she has the keys to his car and house in her handbag.

It's now knocking on 11:40am and we're still 7 miles from the church. No one really knows where the groom and his entourage are nor if they got sorted . So as we get directions from the mother in the back seat, we're told we'll be passing the bride's house as we get closer to the church.  Now you can do the timing yourself but, 5 miles later as we pass the bride's house, parked out front is her wedding car, her driver, two of the bridesmaids, and her dad out on the street.  I realized we would never sneak past with Tipsy's exhaust so all heads turn and give us a mixed look of 'oh there's a camper' and ',hang on that's the other wedding car.' As well, they can see there is only one head in the back where there should have been at least three. We gave a wee toot and a happy wave anyway.

Now everything worked out in the end as the lads made it in at 12,  although I'm not sure if they made it before the bride or not. Tipsy was used as a back drop for a few photos & sheltered  the bridesmaids from the bitter winds between shots whilst the lads sipped out of hip flasks. Tipsy finished 2015 with a wedding, started 2016 with a camp out and is looking forward to lots more fun this year!
'If you ever start taking things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe.' -
Joe Rogan