Author Topic: Where to camp at Rosslare ?  (Read 7793 times)

Offline Swanner

• Global Moderator
  • Resident Media Whore!
Where to camp at Rosslare ?
« on: July 28, 2008, 01:11:00 PM »
Hey All,

I know this was mentioned before on the old forum and anyone who was in the know suggested St. Marageret's campsite.

Problem is they're fully booked and I can't find any other campsites close to there.

Myself and the clan are sailing at 8am on Tuesday 5th August and need somewhere to pull up on the Tuesday night.

Is there anywhere space down at the ferry port or is this frowned upon. Alternatively are there any good wild spots
very near the port that we could park up overnight in  ???

Cheers  ;D

vwdingo

Re: Where to camp at Rosslare ?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 03:59:30 PM »
hi ya , stayed in that camp site the other week on our way to wales lovely place , shame its full . as you drive into rosslare their is a petrol station on your right and a shop to your left , their is a small wall around a car park allways sems to have a few motor homes in it think you could park their for the night without any bother , if your realy stuck its  worth a try .

andylad

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 07:14:39 PM »
Join/start the Q at the terminal lad. We did it last year no problem security even give us a morning call at 6. Get there late because there's nowt there!!!

Parked here first not a good idea them boys head off from there at 2 in the morning.

enjoy the hol's we'll catch up later. Here's one from our trip last year.

Offline Swanner

• Global Moderator
  • Resident Media Whore!
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 01:34:12 PM »
Sound cheers  ;D

Seems like there's no hassle parking up anywhere around there then.

Now if we can just get blue skies like in that pic andy, we'll be sorted  :mrcool

Offline ex-2cv-er

• Administrator
  • Resident Beetle Stalker!
    • The Eireball Run
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 02:13:40 PM »
As above....often see a few motorhomes parked up opposite the petrol station at the top of the hill.

Also, if you can get under the barrier, I think there's a car park to the right, off the roundabout, at the bottom of the hill.

If you're on the Stena fast boat, don't forget you'll need to be weighed and have a weighbridge ticket before they'll let you check-in.  I learnt the hardway that to only discover this when you are at the check-in booth is a bit of a nightmare, and getting from there to the weighbridge is quite a bit of faff, involving locating and waiting for a member of staff with gate keys to let you out of the 'checked-in' area.

Hmmm...according to my roadmap, there are 3 campsites within a few miles of Rosslare, can't find any info on the other 2 though ??? ....might be worth ringing the ferry terminal, they may have more info?
Caroline - North Tipp

This summer I am mostly being a...Crusty Festival Trader :)
Incense etc - Are Ewe Curious?

Offline Swanner

• Global Moderator
  • Resident Media Whore!
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2008, 02:23:46 PM »
Thanks Caroline.

We're on the tank but it's usefull to know that for future reference.

It does seem strange that there's no mention of any other campsites in the area.

Feck it though I think we'll just wing it and try and get somewhere around the port.

That'll mean an extra few mintues in bed too  ;D 

Offline betsy

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2008, 08:12:14 PM »
Just park on rosslare strand